Alpaca poo, nicknamed “Golden Nuggets” also known as alpaca manure, can be a fantastic natural fertilizer for gardening. Here at The Lost Gardens we have our own herd of cuddly alpacas who are pretty skilled at producing their very own bounty of golden nuggets, which we are keen to use on our plants and veggies to produce magnificent, healthy pumpkins, beans, tomatoes & brassicas.
We didn’t want to keep this horticultural miracle to ourselves and so we are thrilled to add our Alpaca Poo fertiliser bags for sale (400g) alongside our Reuthe’s own ericaceous compost sacks (60L), available at our on-site Shack Shop.
The benefits of using alpaca poo in your garden are numerous so here are a few reasons for you to add Reuthe’s golden nuggets to improve your soil:
- Rich in nutrients: Alpaca poo is a nutrient-rich organic fertilizer. It contains essential nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, which are vital for plant growth and development. These nutrients are released slowly, providing a consistent and long-lasting source of nutrition for plants.
- Improves soil structure: Alpaca poo can help improve soil structure by adding organic matter to the soil. It helps to increase soil fertility, water retention, and aeration. It also encourages the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the soil, which can promote healthy plant growth.
- Environmentally friendly: Alpaca poo is a natural and renewable source of fertilizer. It is considered environmentally friendly as it does not contain harmful chemicals or synthetic additives that can negatively impact the environment or pollute water sources.
- Safe for plants and animals: Alpaca poo is a mild and gentle fertilizer that is unlikely to burn or harm plants when used properly. It is also safe for animals, as alpaca manure is often used as bedding material for animals due to its low odor and high absorbency.
- Cost-effective: Alpaca poo can be a cost-effective option for fertilizing your garden, especially if you have access to a local alpaca farm where you can obtain it for free or at a low cost. Using alpaca manure can reduce the need for synthetic fertilizers, which can be expensive.
- Sustainable and renewable: Alpaca poo is a sustainable and renewable source of fertilizer, as it is produced by alpacas as part of their natural digestive process. It can be replenished by the alpacas’ continuous grazing and digestion, making it a renewable and eco-friendly choice for gardening.
- Versatile: Alpaca poo can be used in various forms, including fresh or aged, and can be applied directly to the soil or used to make compost or tea. It can be used in a variety of gardening applications, including vegetable gardens, flower beds, potted plants, and lawns.
In conclusion, alpaca poo is a nutrient-rich, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective fertilizer that can improve soil fertility, support plant growth, and promote sustainable gardening practices. Its natural properties make it a valuable addition to any garden, providing numerous benefits for both plants and the environment.
Nuzzle ‘n Scratch agree and they are delighted that you have chosen their by-product as your chosen soil improver. Happy Gardening!